Travelling by train is a great way to see the world. So below are 5 Great Reasons To Choose Train Travel
Most of us now automatically book a flight when we want to go abroad but this is a bit of a shame. It is possible for most of us living in the UK to get to a train station and get some connecting trains to get us onto the continent. The following are some of the best reasons for choosing to travel by train.
– When you travel by train to a foreign city you most often arrive nearer to your intended destination. You have to travel to and from the airports and the fact that they are never usually situated that close to the city means that you will still have a good bit of travelling to do once you get off the plane. You will find that there is a train station located in the heart of most cities.
– Train travel has the advantage of allowing you to see the world go by as you travel unless of course your train journey takes place at night. This is so different to travelling by plane because once you are up in the clouds, there is absolutely nothing to see. When you travel by train, there is a much greater feeling of arrival.
– When it comes to long journeys by train, it is possible for you to take a sleeper cabin. So if you are travelling overnight, you can sleep while you travel. Unless you can take a first class flight it is almost impossible to get a good sleep on an airplane.
– Walking around and stretching your legs on a train is a whole lot easier. Some trains even have dining cars where it almost feels like you are sitting in a restaurant.
– There is something just so laid back and relaxing about train travel; watching the world go by as the train rocks from side to side is really something special.
Today it has become a trend for more people to drive in their car over to their foreign holiday destination.
Planning on a train tour of China than see here for all the latest China train info and see here for a detail China rail map